Master Sergeant Jeremy S. Mullins is the Wing Command Chief of the North Carolina Air National Guard in Charlotte, North Carolina. He is the Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Commander of the 145th Airlift Wing and is responsible for the mission effectiveness, professional development, military readiness, training, utilization, morale, and health and welfare of the unit’s enlisted members.
Chief Mullins enlisted in the Air Force in June 2001 and graduated Tactical Air Control Party apprentice course in May 2002 from Hurlburt Field, Florida. His experience includes various duties throughout the TACP community to include the Air National Guard TACP Career Field and Functional Manager. Chief Mullins has served on five combat deployments in support of Operations IRAQI FREEDOM and ENDURING FREEDOM. Throughout his career, he has had the privilege of attending many Air Force and Army schools that include Combat Survival Training, Basic Airborne School, the U.S. Army Pathfinder Course, the U.S. Army Special Operations Command Jumpmaster Course and Military Free Fall Course.
Prior to assuming his current position, Chief Mullins was the Senior Enlisted Leader of the 118th Air Support Operations Squadron, New London Air National Guard Base, North Carolina.
He has been married to his wife Candice for over 17 years and they have three children.
2004 Airman Leadership School, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala. 2007 Associates of Applied Science, Information Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force 2009 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, McGee Tyson Air National Guard Base, Tenn. 2010 Bachelor of Arts, Liberal Studies, Excelsior College, N.Y. 2011 Senior Enlisted Joint PME, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va. 2012 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala. 2015 Master of Arts, Military Studies, American Public University System, W.Va. 2015 Defense Support of Civil Authorities, Joint Knowledge Online, Suffolk, Va. 2016 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C. 2016 Leadership Training Awareness Seminar (LTAS), Charlotte Air National Guard Base, N.C. 2016 International NCO Leadership Development (INLEAD) Course, Knoxville, Tenn. 2017 Joint Air Operations Command and Control Course (JAOC2C), Hurlburt Field, Fla. 2018 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives Course (CPIE), Washington, D.C. 2018 Chiefs Orientation Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md. 2019 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, Chapel Hill, N.C. 2019 Enterprise Perspective Seminar, Capitol Hill Club, Washington D.C. 2020 Chiefs Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala. 2020 National and International Security Seminar, Capitol Hill Club, Washington, D.C. 2021 Eurasia Regional Seminar, Capitol Hill Club, Washington, D.C. 2022 Certified Professional Innovators Course, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich. 2022 AF Continuous Process Improvement Green Belt Skills Training, Washington, D.C. 2023 Certified Professional Innovators Instructors Course, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- June 2001-July 2017, Joint Terminal Attack Controller, Operations Training Manager, Stan/Eval Program Manager, JTAC Program Manager, Chief Weapons & Tactics, Operations Superintendent, 118th Air Support Operations Squadron, Charlotte Air National Guard Base, N.C.
- June 2004-Sep 2004, Joint Terminal Attack Controller, 118th Expeditionary Air Support Operations Squadron, Camp Caldwell, Iraq
- November 2004-February 2005, Joint Terminal Attack Controller, 118th Expeditionary Air Support Operations Squadron, Tikrit, Iraq
- February 2006-July 2006, Joint Terminal Attack Controller, 118th Expeditionary Air Support Operations Squadron, Ramadi. Iraq
- April 2009-October 2009, Joint Terminal Attack Controller, 118th Expeditionary Air Support Operations Squadron, Baghdad, Iraq
- June 2011-January 2012, Joint Terminal Attack Controller, 118th Expeditionary Air Support Operations Squadron, FOB Lagman, Afghanistan
- August 2017-August 2019, TACP Career Field Manager, ANG Readiness Center, Joint Base Andrews, MD.
- September 2019-October 2023, Senior Enlisted Leader, 118th Air Support Operations Squadron, New London Air National Guard Base, N.C.
- November 2023-Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 145 Airlift Wing, Charlotte Air National Guard Base, N.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Air Force Combat Action Medal Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters Army Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster --Air Force Achievement Medal
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
Enlisted Association of the National Guard Golden Key Honor Society, Life Member National Rifle Association North Carolina National Guard Association, Life Member Tactical Air Control Party Association, Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars, Life Member
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Airman First Class, June 5, 2001 Senior Airman, January 30, 2003 Staff Sergeant, June 30, 2005 Technical Sergeant, August 30, 2008 Master Sergeant, August 30, 2010 Senior Master Sergeant, May 2, 2015 Chief Master Sergeant, December 1, 2017
(Current as of November 2023)